Here are some links that are useful for finding and browsing remote sensing observations.
[Note: these links might change from time to time, but you should be able to use them as keywords in Google to find the updated URL.]
- eoPortal Directory, including detailed information and in-depth articles about satellite missions sponsored by various Space Agencies.
- GIOVANNI, providing a simple and intuitive way to visualize, analyze, and access vast amounts of Earth science remote sensing data without having to download the data.
- Reverb – The Next Generation Earth Science Discovery Tool, allowing to identify the EO dataset you need and download them (slightly complicated).
- Precipitation Measurement Missions, allowing to download TRMM and GPM data products from Level 1 to Level 3.
- NASA Worldview, browsing full-resolution, global, near real-time satellite imagery
- MODIS Atmosphere, providing extremely useful information on MODIS aerosol, cloud, water vapour products. Additionally, “IMAGES” allow you to browse images easily. Enjoy.
- CloudSat Page, browsing CloudSat quicklooks and downloading data.
- CALIPSO Page, downloading data.
- Global Hydrology Resource Center, providing comprehensive datasets, including measurements from spaceborne and airborne platforms.
- STK (Systems Tool Kit), an excellent tool for visualizing satellite orbits and combining various remote sensing platforms.
- ARM, excellent site for browsing ARM preliminary data
- College of DupAge website, browsing forecast from various models.